Fibaro Z-Wave Dimmer 2
The Fibaro Z-Wave In-Wall Dimmer 2 (FGD-212) is a newest version of a popular wireless controller designed to operate behind a wall switch.
- Control the level of illumination of your light remotely or using a manual button (in two and three way configuration)
- Implemented algorithm of smart light source detection
- Acts as a repeater expanding your Z-Wave network
- Wide range of compatibility with existing light fittings and does NOT require expensive re-wiring
- Active power and energy metering functionality
- Works with various types of manual buttons
- Active element: semiconductor electronic switch
The Fibaro Z-Wave In-Wall Dimmer 2 is designed to operate with or without a neutral wire. It may be used as a switch in systems without a neutral wire.
In case of 2-wire connection (no neutral), the Fibaro Z-Wave In-Wall Dimmer 2 may require a minimum load of 50W depending on specifics of the connected load.
When used with a Fibaro Dimmer Bypass 2 it may operate with any compatible (see below) load from 5W. Before committing to buy Fibaro Dimmer Bypass 2 please check if your load can be properly controlled by Fibaro Dimmer 2 without bypass device.
Do not connect this device to a power supply without a load. Only lighting devices may be connected to this device.
As a dimmer it operates with the following loads:
- 230V operated conventional incandescent (from 50W to 250W)
- 230V operated halogen (from 50W to 200W)
- 12 V operated ELV halogen lamps and dimmable LED lamps (with electronic transformers: Trailing and Leading edge type) (from 50W to 200W)
- 12V operated MLV halogen lamps (with ferromagnetic transformers) (from 50W to 225W)
- Dimmable CFL tube lamps with electronic ballast only (from 50W to 200W)
As a switch it operates with the following loads:
- Compact fluorescent lamps with electronic ballast
- LED bulbs (power factor >0.7)
- Fluorescent tube lamps with electronic ballast
Please note: For loads other than resistive do not exceed a 1.5A current.
This product integrates with all Australian certified (921.42 MHz) Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus controllers including:
- Vera Plus/ Edge
- Fibaro Home Center 2 / Lite
Please note: Do not mix the load type (e.g. LED and CFL or different type of transformers) as it will impede the proper operation of the dimmer. Doing so will void the dimmer's warranty.
This product must be installed by a qualified electrician. Before engaging an electrician, check that they provide a warranty and electrical compliance certificate. For warranty claim you have to provide an installation compliance certificate from your electrician.
|Operation Range||Up to 30m indoors with no obstacles|
|Power||220 - 240 ~ 50Hz|
|Application||Indoor use only|
|Operation temperature||0 ~ 35|
|Dimensions||42.5mm X 30.25mm X 20.3mm|
|RF Frequency||921.42Mhz ‐ AU/NZ|